Verse of the Day
The Churches of Christ have no creed but the New Testament
|Any man-made creed is by its very nature divisive and contrary to the will of Christ, Matthew 15:8, 9. As one old and respected preacher once said, If a creed says more than the New Testament it says too much. If it says less than the New Testament it does not say enough. And if it says the same thing as the New Testament we don’t need it because we have the New Testament! Truer words were never spoken! I can, however, put a few principles down about what we believe without generating a man-made creed.|
1. Jesus is The King, 1 Timothy 6:15. His word (spoken by Him or through his Apostles) means more to us than the words of men or any man.
2. We must obey our King, Luke 6:46. You can’t tell Jesus you are not going to do what He and still expect to go to heaven when you leave his world.
3. We will be judged by the Word of Christ, Deuteronomy 18:18f; John 12:44-50.
4. There is a Heaven and there is a Hell and EVERY human being will go to one or the other for all eternity, Matthew 25:46.
5. Jesus died on the cross so that even the vilest of sins could be forgiven and the sinner go to Heaven, but that is THEIR choice, Romans 5:8,9;
These few things are believed by us and much more. Come worship with us and learn at the feet of Jesus.
From the Preacher – Cleveland (Clee) Reddinger
Clee and Nancy Jo Reddinger, along with their two daughters, moved to El Dorado in September of 2009.
Clee has worked for small congregation in his native Pennsylvania as well as West Virginia, North Carolina, Indiana,
Nancy is a 1978 graduate of Harding College, now Harding University, in Searcy, Arkansas and has also graduated
Clee and Nancy are looking forward to many more years of service to the Lord and the El Dorado Community!